By COURT REPORTER
TRANSFORM Zimbabwe leader Jacob Ngarivhume, who was arrested for inciting public violence after calling for the July 31 protests against government corruption, will have to wait longer for his new bail application to be heard as the presiding magistrate was not available today.
Ngarivhume’s bail application was dismissed last week by The High Court on the basis that it lacked merit.
Speaking to journalists outside the court today, Ngarivhume’s lawyer Moses Nkomo said he had just been informed that the magistrate will only be available next week on Monday.
Nkomo added that he will do their best to seek justice for his client.
“We have just been shocked to be advised that the application cannot be heard today because the magistrate who is specifically assigned to deal with these kind of cases is not available, this is despite the fact that bail applications by their nature are urgent and should be treated as urgent.
“So unfortunately we have to wait until Monday that’s when we were advised that the magistrate specifically assigned to deal with Jacob’s matter will be available. So it’s quite unfortunate we have to explore other avenues to seek justice for Jacob,” Nkomo said.